Do you need emergency dental treatment in Shelby Township, MI? Dr. Sood of Sood Family Dental is a professional who is here to help you if an adult tooth comes loose, or similar issues arise.
What to Do If an Adult Tooth is Loose
First, you should find your nearest emergency dentist and book an appointment right away. Dr. Sood is a dentist in Shelby Township, MI, qualified to handle such a task. After that, here are the steps you should take before your emergency dental appointment:
- Move quickly. If you can reach your dentist in less than a half-hour of it becoming loose or completely falling out, your chances of viability are better. Don’t fret; some teeth can be saved even if they are outside of the mouth for more than an hour.
- Don’t touch the roots. Hold the tooth by the crown, also known as the chewing surface, and try not to bump, drop, or handle it any more than you need to.
- Rinse the tooth with water only. You only need to do this to remove dirt and debris. Do not use soap, toothpaste, mouth wash, or any other substance.
- Put the tooth back, or drop it into a cup of milk. It is best if you can put the tooth back into the socket. This prevents further damage, increases viability odds, and keeps it moist. It is okay to bite down on it to hold it in place. If, for whatever reason, that is not an option, place it in a cup of milk. If you keep it in a cup of milk, remember step two, and avoid the root. Don’t jostle it, and don't let it bump the edges of the mug if you can.
- Keep calm. Panicking will not help your situation and makes you more likely to make mistakes that can hurt you or your tooth. Dr. Sood in Shelby Township, MI, is well-educated on what to do for emergency dental treatment and will do everything she can to help you save your teeth. You’re in good hands.
Request an Appointment Today
Please contact Dr. Sood of Sood Family Dental in Shelby Township, MI, right away if you need emergency dental treatment. You may visit the office in Shelby Township, MI, or call the practice at (586) 207-1471.